Smart Home installers complete their largest ever project in a Chigwell, Essex mansion
It took over two years, 365 man hours and 8000 metres of cabling for Limelight Automation, a Hertfordshire based Home Automation installer, to complete a huge-scale smart home project costing an impressive £120,000 – their biggest project to date.
If you think smart homes are just for people that want to control everything in their home via a remote control then you’ll be surprised to hear about the extra benefits this Chigwell mansion now has – from saving energy, time and money to keeping their family safe, secure and entertained.
Finally completed in Spring 2015, this massive smart home project by Limelight Automation consisted of installing and integrating the following:
- A Control4 home automation system that gives the client complete control using touchscreen devices such as iPads and iPhones throughout the home
- Audio – providing Napster, Spotify, Airplay and internet radio music to 16 zones
- Video –1080p HD video from Sky, Apple TV, & Blu-ray available to 12 separate HD displays
- Data – access to high speed Gigabit internet both wired and wireless to every room
- Video door entry & intercom– providing Control4 access control from two main entrances via 6 touchpanels within the house
- CCTV – the ability to view 8 cctv cameras and 2 door entry cameras on all 6 screens and all TVs as well as mobile device
- Lighting Control – set, manage and control 90 lights from the Control4 system externally
- A brand new Ultra HD Cinema room with seating for 7, 3 metre wide projection screen, 5.1 Dolby surround sound and colour-changing RGB mood lighting
- Heatmiser smart underfloor heating controls installed, integrated, and programmed for 23 separate zones
This integrated technology not only puts the homeowner in complete control of the entertainment within their home but it allows them to monitor and adjust the more practical systems, such as the heating temperature from the in-wall Control4 touchscreens. It’s even possible to check the status of the Sub-Zero Wolf refrigerators, or view the CCTV footage from anywhere in the world on any online device.
In technical terms, Limelight Automation installed an impressive 95 circuits of Lutron lighting control, 16 zones of audio, 12 zones of HD video, an Ultra HD 4k Cinema, CCTV, and a multitude of smaller subsystems that all work together with a Control4 home automation system.
Adam Forrest, Managing Director at Limelight Automation explains the enormity of the project:
“We were instructed to first design, and then wire all low-voltage systems throughout the house, quite an undertaking that took several months to achieve whilst constantly working around other trades. As well as all the 1st fix low-voltage cabling we also installed all the audio, video, data, phone, door-entry, CCTV, lighting controls, racks and satellite distribution. We are extremely proud to have achieved all this on time and within budget, and look forward to working on similar properties in the coming years.”
About Limelight Automation
Established in 2010 and based in Potters Bar, Limelight Automation are installers of smart home technology – automating the homes of the rich and famous in some of the wealthiest parts of the UK including Chigwell, Hadley Wood and Radlett.
Visit limelightautomation.co.uk/smart-home-projects to view some of their latest smart home projects.
Find out more about the services of Limelight Automation by visiting their website www.limelightautomation.co.uk
Contact details: Adam Forrest, Limelight Automation, 51 The Enterprise Centre, Cranborne Road, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 3DQ. www.limelightautomation.co.uk Email: [email protected] or call 0844 870 4807.
Images: Further high res images are available from Limelight Automation.